Tuesday, June 23, 2015

This coach has an update!


So, I’ve now made it through my first 10 week session as a coach, and just started my second on Monday.

Have I told you all how much I love being a coach at FXB?

When I worked at Cummins, one of the things I loved most about my job was mentoring others. I participated in mentoring circles (which was actually initiated due to one of my project recommendations) and mentored others one-on-one. One of the things I loved most about mentoring was that I learned just as much from them as (I hoped) they learned from me. While I love being an author and stay-at-home mom, I haven’t had much opportunity to actively mentor others. I hope that some aspects of my writing offers mentoring type support, and, of course, there is the never-ending mentoring I provide to my daughter.

But still... I've missed it.

So when I was asked if I wanted to co-coach my 8:45 class—uh, yeah! It’s been so great. My first group of 10 weekers had several hardworking individuals who were dedicated to living a healthier life. And they were a lot of fun! It was awesome being able to help encourage others to stay motivated in their health and fitness goals.

Besides having fun, what did I learn as a coach?

I learned that I can be confident in the knowledge I’ve learned at FXB so far. I learned that progress is being made, even if the individual can’t see it for themselves—while some of the 10 weekers may not have felt they made much progress, I could see the total transformation from their first day. I learned that we are all starting from ‘Point A’ and moving toward ‘Point B’. We may each define what A and B is a little differently, but it’s still Point A and Point B.

I can’t wait to see what our next group of 10 weekers will accomplish!

The second part of my update is on my numbers. I had another check-in this past weekend. It’s hard to believe that I’ve been a part of FXB for 9 months! Here's my overall progress since my first day:

Weight:   27.6 lbs
Body Fat Percentage:   at least 1.5%
Chest:   3.5 in.
Waist:   6.75 in. (virtual high-five!!)
Hips:   4.5 in. (woohoo!)
Arm:   1 in.
Thigh:   1 in.
Total inches lost: 16.75 in.
Push-ups (in one minute): increase of 25 (one push-up shy of doubling my number from day one!)
Sit-ups (in one minute): increase of 19
Mile Time:   of 3 minutes and 34 seconds




I’ve still got a long way to go, but I’m super pumped by these numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment