Thursday, June 11, 2015

Meet my FXB Instructors: #Protector


#Protector: a.k.a. Josh














Josh was the first person to really take me under his wing at FXB. He walked with me in my first mile, encouraging me all the way. It was clear from my very first day that he looked out for those in his charge. As time has passed and I’ve gotten to know him better, I saw his true identity emerge: #Protector.

Yep, that's me with #Protector on my very first day of FXB in September 2014.

For anyone who knows Josh, there is no surprise by the inclusion of the # in his nickname. In fact, I’m quite certain that if I had neglected the # then I would have lost all credibility for my ability to accurately name my fellow FXB instructors. For those of you who don’t know Josh...

#HashtagKing // #HashtagForEverything // #NoHashtagNoProblem // #JustMakeItUp // #BOOM // #NovicesCreateHashtagsThatAreHardToRead // #NotTheKing // #Pro // #KeepsItLegit //#TooLegitToQuit // #HammerTime // #Contagious //#NeverUsedHashtagsB4IMetJosh // #ThingsChange // #InDaClubNow // #RetagHisTags // #StrongerEveryDay // #NoQuit //#HelloKittyIsMyInspiration

Of course, this obsession with hashtags always reminds me of this Late Night with Jimmy Fallon clip. #Hashtag


Now, onto the Protector part of his nickname. Of course, I had to stop by my new favorite reference site—urbandicationary.com —to seek justification. And as usual, it didn’t disappoint. I’ve copied it below (in its original text) and inserted how I think it applies to Josh.

A gentleman (#Usually) with a cool, even temperament (#GotThat) who commonly has traits such as being tall (#TallerThanMe), handsome (#SusieQSaysYes), good build (#FXByo), broad shoulders (#ISOlaterals), intimidates to wolves (#WatchOutTaylorBeaus), clean-neat appearance (#SweatIsTheNewBlack) and walks with an erect gait (#StraightUp // #Paula // #SorryHadToDoIt). Smaller, petite college women (#SoundsLikeSusieQ // #NotJustCollegeChicks) in cities can or will most often enough seek out these traits in a mate for their role as a 'protector' or someone that would ward off would be wolves or opportunistic predatory men (#LockedAndLoaded). These types of men could have day jobs as Law Enforcement, Fire Department, Military or other roles women typically view as 'hero's or doing service to the community but exceptions always exist (#FXBInstructor // #OfficeGeek // #TotallyClarkKent). These men might view themselves as modern day 'super hero's' and put an 'S' on their Toyota 4Runner or license plate (#NoSNeeded // #StickinWithHK). The ladies will often enough choose these men of valor to marry as being their perfect knight in shining armor to provide security and stability in an otherwise unpredictable world (#SorryLadies // #OffTheMarket // #SusieQsMan). Note: uneducated back wood rednecks do not generally serve this type of role to educated, career minded city woman (#Um // #NoComment).

#Protector is the kind of guy that will do anything to protect his family, no matter the danger. And since FXB is a family, that means I’m safe too.
  • Poor form? #CorrectThat
  • Low energy? #ShoutOut
  • Open bag? #KickThat
  • Birthday? #Burpees . . . Wait, how is that protecting us?? Ah, I get it now. #ForeverYoung
  • Flying bands on the mat? #SnagThat
  • Self-doubt? #PepTalk
  • Week 10? #PushThat


Another thing has become clear, once you are #InsideTheCircleOfTrust then #Protector is on call 24/7 (just ask #TayTay).

Finally, there is no doubt that #Protector is the guy I want to be next to if FXB is ever under attack by out of control Hello Kitty Ninjas. #SorrySusieQ // #NoMercyForHK

So, #Protector, for all you do . . .

#ThanksBro
  

No comments:

Post a Comment