Friday, April 27, 2018

Meet my FXB Instructors: Austin



Austin: a.k.a. Steven



















I’ve been crafting this one for a while now. My buddy Steven and I went through our ten weeks at FXB together, and I wanted to do him justice. So why Austin? A few reasons, actually.

First, there’s this guy.



What could be more fitting for Steven than a British spy? Let’s look at the facts (aside from the obvious British part).

Those who have been following these instructor posts know that I like to use urbandictionary.com as my source for all things facts. I’ve gone there again, and here’s what it tells me about a spy:

n. a person or thing designed or trained to infiltrate or extract information from a normally impenetrable source, usually while disguising themselves to evade capture. 
  
1) A Person or Thing - yep, he’s a person.
2) Trained - FXB certified, yo!
3) Extract Information - here ‘information’ is a code word for ‘pain’. If you’ve been in one of his workouts, then you know that’s covered.
4) Disguising Themselves - the proof is in the pictures!



I’d say that’s a pretty solid argument. Oh, and I have to throw in his ability to spy all my errors. I’ve tried really hard to keep this post error-free, but I know Austin will let me know if I’ve missed one!

But we won’t stop there, because Austin Powers is only half of Steven’s personality. The British half. So what’s missing?

The American half.

This leads us all the way down to Austin, Texas. I knew I was on the right track when I was trolling Steven’s Facebook page for pictures and stumbled upon this gem.



Texas is the state of ‘go big or go home’. From his Texas-sized laugh to his epically crafted workouts, Steven brings this attitude into everything. Those who have been working out at FXB the past couple months have had the pleasure/pain of partaking in a Steven created resistance training workout, even if he wasn’t in the building. Here’s just one tail of pain from his epic-sized workouts:



They say the best things come in threes, so let’s give one more Austin reference. And that would be this guy:



Is I said at the start of this post, I’ve been thinking through Steven’s nickname for some time. The last few months I’d been settled into Austin, but as with all my nicknames I had to let it marinate to make sure it was truly fitting. And then just yesterday Steven sent me a message saying I should consider wrestling for a future challenge theme. Could this be a sign? Yeah, I thought so too.

So why Stone Cold Steve Austin? Well, in this case it’s actually Stone Hold Steve Austin—because that man dishes out holds in a bands class in an impressive stone-faced way!



Keep giving us those epic Texas-sized workouts, holds and all, Austin! And I’m sure you’re actually spying from somewhere in the gym during all the classes just to make sure we’re all giving our Level 10 best!


~ Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment