Friday, April 17, 2015

Meet my FXB Instructors: The Captain





The Captain: a.k.a. Jenny














Why is Jenny the Captain? I can assure it’s not because she reminds me of this guy:



Or this one:



Or even this one:



And she certainly doesn’t remind me of this Captain:



While these are all Captains of debatable aptitude, Jenny is much too cool to be modeled after any of them. No, she is The Captain for one simple fact: 

She is hands-down the best FXB Cheerleader I’ve ever met!

If you have ever been in the same class as Jenny, I’m sure you would agree that she is every bit a cheerleader for everyone there. She’s always encouraging others. She’s often seen doing round-offs across the mat. She’s always the first to respond back to the instructor’s prompts (sometimes also the loudest). And what do you hear if she’s not in the class?

[crickets]

But what, you might ask, makes her The Captain and not just The FXB Cheerleader? I’ll use the qualities About.com lists for a Cheer Captain as justification.

Good Communication Skills
The Captain was one of my coaches during my 10 week challenge, so I learned early on that she was a good communicator. And as an instructor, she clearly enunciates what is to be done.

- Responsibility and Maturity
Um, let’s just skip past this one.

- Be a Good Role Model
The Captain is certainly a good role model for FXB. When she’s not instructing, she’s trying to knock the stuffing right out of the bags, or pop the bands! She certainly walks the walk and talks the talk!

- Fair and Impartial
The Captain is very fair and impartial. She will brutalize each muscle group with the same amount of intensity, and no one set of muscles is given preference. Not even the triceps.

- Helpful and Friendly
The Captain is always at the ready to answer any questions. She is very friendly (and is usually smiling) while she forces, I mean encourages, people to work harder.

- Be Approachable
The Captain is one of those people that others gravitate toward, like butterflies to a flower (or is it more like a moth to a flame?).

So Captain, my Captain, thank you for leading us through some very fun workouts!




No comments:

Post a Comment