Monday, December 14, 2015

Meet my FXB Instructors: Boss



Boss: a.k.a. Taylor


















Don’t let Taylor’s age fool you. Even though I think she’s our youngest FXB instructor, there is no question in my mind that Taylor is the Boss. Part of it is because of her no BS approach to getting things done. If a Wacky Sock Wednesday photo needs to be taken and there’s only 30 seconds left before class starts, well you best get your crazy socked feet on the mat. We’re there for a reason, and Taylor will make sure we don’t get far off track. But it’s more than that and, as usual, I’ll attempt to defend my theory.

First up are the 7 Personality Traits of a Great Boss, as outlined by salary.com

Honesty
Taylor doesn’t sugarcoat things on the mat. If you need to do more burpees, she will tell you. If you need to kick a little harder, she will tell you. Some might not be able to handle her level honesty, but that’s OK. She can just tell them to toughen up.

Integrity
Taylor definitely walks the walk. She works at the same level on the mat as she pushes everyone else to achieve.

Commanding Presence
Um, yep.

Optimism
She may not always want to admit it, but I can see it in her eyes. She’s an optimist, even if her honesty tries to bring her down from time to time.

Supportive
Taylor was one of my coaches during my 10-week challenge. She was a huge support to me then, and continues to be the same today. I know I’m not the only one that can count on Taylor to be there in a time of need.

Inspirational
Just watching Taylor out on the mat is an inspiration. She pushes hard, even when she might not be feeling all too well.



Sense of humor
Taylor can be on the quiet side, but when you can get her talking the laughs are sure to come. Besides, she has to have a very good sense of humor to put up with many of us at FXB!

Next up for justification is my favorite: urbandictionary.com. According to this legendary site, Boss is a term used to describe something/someone that is “supercool, fly, awesome to the max.” Check, check and check!

Finally, we have RBF. Taylor herself will tell you that she has classic RBF. For those of you not in the know, traditionally RBF stands for Resting Bitch Face. However, in Taylor’s case, that’s not the definition.

RBF actually stands for Resting Boss Face.


Bottom line is that Taylor gets it done—like a Boss. And I, for one, am grateful!




~ Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment